Asia a few months ago. Last week I finaly had some time to make a photobook and yesterday I received my Pixum photobook which I will review today. I can already tell you; i'm very pleased with the result! Of course there where also some downsides. Let's start with all the positive parts.
First some information about the book I ordered:
I chose for the standing XXL (28x36cm) photobook with hardcover and glossy photopaper. In total I added 90 pages with 400 photos, for a price of €139,99. The start amount for this book is €51,99 (with premium paper) and 28 pages. More then enough for a normal holiday. I traveled for a long time and had a lot of photos so I needed to add some extra pages and for every 8 pages extra you pay €10,00.
Like I said, I'm very happy with the result of my Pixum photobook!
- First the free software Pixum offers works great; quick. simple and it gives a lot of options. You can easily choose if you want to split up your page in 1,2,3,4,5,6..etc photos and then you can choose from a lay out. Of course you can also be creative and make your own lay out.
- The size of the XXL photobook is perfect. Definitely not too big, you can easily browse it.
- The printing quality is good! The photos are sharp en the colours are fresh.
- The hardcover and the glossy photopaper gives the book a professional look.
- Price-quality is very good. If you go for the start amount with 28 pages you really get a great photobook for only €51,99
- Fast delivery. I ordered the photobook last saturday and received it yesterday (friday). So delivery within a week!
Of course not everything can be perfect, so here a few downsides
- First the software is not very clear with the marges if you make your own lay out. For example the text on the front page. I did it within the marges, so I also had some space next to the text. It turned out that the title is almost cut off with no space on the right anymore.
- Also the title on the side is not looking great, it's not in the middle of the cover.
- Some photos are a bit too much saturated. So make sure you don't saturate your photos too much.
- The pages bulb a lot. For some pages you really have to press down te paper to see the photo.
photobook at Pixum. Later this day I will post a photo on instagram with my photobook, so you can more visualize the size of the book. Do you have some experiences with Pixum?